This report gives a general overview of how Technology is used in education and which resources they have or need, together with some trends for the future concerning this issue. Together with the other reports in the project, dealing with ECVET is a technical framework for the transfer, recognition and, where appropriate, accumulation of individuals' learning outcomes with a view to achieving a qualification, and also with the results of the surveys carried out in the project, we have a good starting point to deal with technologies in education and qualiffications.
So we can say, with all this, that the idea of school will be completely different in the future. School in general will take the form of self-organized classrooms, remote learning, or some other structure. Therefore, learning won't be forced by time and place. Teachers and educators' jobs will become more diversified and will need much more creative thinking and ideas to support learning with students. Blended learning and online learning will be much more important, as virtual communities will start taking ownership of learning in different new ways. Students will be constantly learning in real-world scenarios thanks to the convergence of Learning with Knowledge Management in companies.
And some of the trends that can be mentioned are:
Some of the trends people is talking about are the following:
• The presence of the Internet in students' lives outside of school, and especially on mobile devices, is allowing for more online and blended learning models in classrooms.
• More tolerance and even excitement among teachers for mobile devices as learning tools. As the cost of devices continues to come down, they proliferate in classrooms and can be powerful learning tools.
• Use of eBooks will increase, along with own development of them
• Video content in the classroom will be more important, and also at home together with the concept of flipped classroom
• Print and digital textbooks are getting some serious competition from open-source content, which has captured the imagination of educators who are finding valuable content outside the prescribed realm of textbooks.
• More and more Universities Offer Free Non Credit On-Line Courses. A Wide selections of courses are available to all. Learners view webcasts of lectures and courses through YouTube and iTunes.
• Tablets of all the kinds (IOs, Android, etc) are becoming the more useful tool for students, specially for the battery duration, which makes possible to use them in all the classes during the day
• Learning network is becoming a social network. One use of ICTs whose use has exploded among students and teachers is social networking (Facebook, Twitter and Elgg). Students use Social Media to educate politicians and the public in general about problems that need to be solved.
• Connect with your students using the networking and communication channels they use. Enhanced communication will enable teachers to be more than just associated with merely the classroom. This will also be use for assessment
• ICT will be more and more used to ensure that students with a variety of "special education needs" are able to participate as fully and productively as possible in formal and informal schooling. 3-D Printing might have a impact here. When Low Cost 3-D Printers are available it will mean more accessibility including in the classroom
Here you can dowload the complete "General Overview Report"